Thursday, April 15, 2010

I Think That Sums It Up Pretty Well



Ahhh Totalbiscuit. You crack me up. You're correct though, of course, that TRH is the stupidest thing I've seen in quite a while.

"But Zul," I hear you asking, "What on earth is wrong with TRH?" Well simple, it's $25. No, not 25 virtual dollars, $25, real life dollars.

For those who don't understand, TRH is part of the recently implemented Blizzard Pet Store, where you pay real life money for pets, and mounts, in World of Warcraft. I like pets, I like mounts, I do not like paying $10 for a pet, and $25 for a mount. That's absurd.

Mounts in WoW allow your character to move faster, and while awesome, and I do have a lot of Mounts in WoW, I find $25 to be a BIT PRICEY for something that is NO BETTER than the ones already in game. The only difference is how it looks.

Now, I wouldn't have a problem with this if the pets were just say, $2.50, or even $5, and the mounts were $5, or heck, $7.50, but $25?! That's insane!

So, surely no one is actually buying this? SURELY no one is paying $25 for a reskin?

The thing has been out for less than 24 hours and the queue to download it is already at 140,000.

I blame Bobby.



You see, about a year and 3/4ths ago, Activision bought Blizzard. About a month later, Wrath of the Lich King was given a release date, and released half finished. ever since then it's been one money grab after another. But it's ok, just keep throwing money at him people, maybe he'll retire after you give him yet ANOTHER BILLION DOLLARS.

That was sarcasm. Don't do that. Don't do that at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment