Tuesday, June 15, 2010

E3 2010 Day Two: Highlights and Lowpoints

Well, yesterday was a wash. It was pretty hard to find anything to be positive about yesterday. In fact, yesterday may have been the worst day for E3 ever. And there have been some pretty bad E3 days. Needless to say, I was not very optimistic about today. So was I right? Was today a complete blowout? Well, read on and find out!

Highlights:


It Was Actually About The Games


Unlike yesterday, this wasn't about Laser Tag, "Kinectimals" and technological innovations. This was about games. A good thing for the biggest gaming convention of the year. Kevin Butler said it well during his appearance during Sony's press conference. Gaming is having a massive TV in a tiny apartment. Staying up until 3 AM to get a trophy that isn't real... But is. And you know what? He was right. Kevin Butler's speech summed up everything important about gaming today.

Nintendo Shows It Still Loves Me

After a few years that were total duds, I had the lowest of low expectations for its conference today. Boy was I wrong. They not only premiered the new 3DS console, they showed off ACTUAL GAMES. Including...

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

CRAP YES. IT'S ABOUT FREAKING TIME.
I love Zelda. One of my favorite game series. The new art style that's a cross between the stylized Wind Waker, and the realistic Twilight Princess looks absolutely GORGEOUS. The game will use Wii Motion Plus to have the Wiimote act as a sword and the Nunchuck act as his shield. I'm positively psyched.

Kirby's Epic Yarn


A new Kirby game? That borrows from Paper Mario's paper style making all the characters appear as felt or other fabric? Yes please!

Donkey Kong Country Returns

I don't know much about DKC, but this is cool. I think.

Epic Mickey info!


I'm very excited for this game, which feels like a spiritual successor to Kingdom Hearts! Which is great!

3DS looks great!

The 3DS looks like it will be awesome! It's a glasses free 3D handheld system! With actual games! More details can be found here, and here.

Kevin Butler Is Amazing, Marcus Rivers Is Too


I love the Kevin Butler PS3 ads, and I'm sure I'll love the Marcus Rivers PSP ads. They'll be awesome.

inFamous 2


*Caution Strong Language*

ICE POWERS! AN UPRISING! A NEW VOICE ACTOR FOR COLE! A NEW CITY! A MONSTER! THIS LOOKS AMAZING!

Twisted Metal

*More Strong Language*

This looks awesome. Twisted Metal has been gone for a few years now, so the fact that it's making a return on PS3? Awesome news.

Surprise!


I like Portal. People know this. The sequel will be amazing.

Lowpoints:
No KH3?



I am saddened by the fact that there's no Kingdom Hearts 3 coming. There's a PSP title coming, and 3DS title coming and a freaking PHONE title coming, but no proper sequel. I am sad.

Other comments: I was very happy with E3 day two. It looks like it's still worthwhile to be a gamer!

No comments:

Post a Comment